We feel that childhood is a unique experience in which children develop a lifelong foundation for learning. We encourage this by…
- Providing them a safe environment to explore and feel free to express themselves
- Being facilitators of adventures where children can discover their strengths and weakness
- Foster relationships with other children and enhance social skills
- Nurturing their specific interests and introducing them to new ones
- Recognizing that children learn differently and based on their own interests; we educate through play. Emphasis is placed on reading, mathematics and science.
We are located on Sullivan’s island since 1995, the only full-time childcare at the beach in Charleston. This gives our children a wonderful opportunity to explore the wildlife and environment that the beach has to offer. More importantly they have so much fun and learn without even realizing it. The island offers great parks, a library and a local fire station. Exploring off the island we visit places like the coliseum for Disney on Ice, Charleston River Dogs to see a baseball game and Boone Hall Plantation.
“Do not train children to learning by force and harshness, but direct them to it by what amuses their minds, so that you may be better able to discover with accuracy the peculiar bent of the genius of each.”-Plato